Saturday, May 12, 2007

Resellers' success stories

Testimonies: Resellers' success stories

In the early 80s, I was hired by a dot.com to be a telesales representative. The job offered a base salary of around 12.00 and I was paid commissions for every customer who signed up for internet service. Between the calls coming in, I started brainstorming how I could increase my income and double my productivity to sell internet services. This is where the fun begins! Some of the customer's calling me mentioned their employers where looking for an internet service provider to service all their employees. For example a pharmaceutical company with 4000 telecommuters who work from home, a college with
hundreds of faculty members who work from home also.

I decided to create a survey for each caller who mentioned they had a business interests in offering our service to the employees. I told each caller I couldn't guarantee them a commission but if I can get our VP of Sales to take interests. We could write a contract to provide one time and or residual commissions. Over a month, I gathered hundreds of surveys. I walked over to the VP of sales and dropped them on his desk with a big smile. He immediately wanted to arrange to have a reseller contract written up. He provided me a Manager to work with me. We faxed hundreds of contracts out to the interested resellers. Then with the larger ones we immediately started making calls to get them started selling internet services. Some of these companies were radio stations. We received 200 dollars from the internet service providers we received commissions from and gave the radio station a 50.00 commission on every customer who called in with an id code# we assigned to the radio station. They would broadcast our service at no charge every day and we would receive a high volume of calls to sign up customers. We repeated this reselling success with over 600 companies in less than 3 months. Imagine the deals we were closing. Some were huge. Multi-million dollars contracts. I received a cut of many of the sales that came in.

The reason, I am writing this article is to mention this same technique can be applied to almost any product or service. Imagine a business that is looking to increase their sales volume through the roof. Then imagine recruiting resellers to hand them the sales and you getting a cut of the commission either one time or residually as long as the resellers keep selling. The reseller profits, you profit and the business that signed you on gets lots of sales and customers.

Resellers use many techniques to sell. Outside sales reps, Storefront Shop Owners, Radio Advertising, TV Advertising, Putting Banners at Sports venues etc... They refer the customer's to your business partner and you watch your bamk account grow.
I would call the resellers once a week to say hello and answer any concerns in submitting orders. We would receive payments from our partners and forward them on to the resellers. And better yet having the partners pay the reseller directly and providing us a record of sales and payment activities.
I would like to wish each of you the best in pursuing your dreams!
by Timothy Tanner , source from helium

No comments: